Pakistan’s biggest property portal lists tips to prevent your property from monsoon damages
SEPTEMBER, 16, 2014: In light of the recent flash floods in Punjab, which have wreaked havoc in many places such as: Sialkot, Hafizabad and in Azad Jammu & Kashmir, and damaged farmlands and properties, it is imperative to take precautionary measures against them.
As the prediction for more torrential rain looms, Pakistan’s best real estate website, Lamudi, has prepared a handy guide for you to save your property from potential damages. From inspection of cracks to placing sandbags, here are the top tips for prevention of damage to your house:
- Roofs and walls should be inspected to see if they have any cracks which allow water to seep into the house. You need to ensure that you have an effective drainage system in place to prevent water accumulation. Moreover, you can also have waterproof roofs which will ensure that you do not have to deal with seepage issues.
- Make sure that all the ledges, pipes and sewerage systems are clear and free of debris which will prevent the overflowing of rainwater.
- To keep your furniture, wooden floors and fixtures made of steel and wood intact from humidity and moisture, wax all your wooden elements and coat the steel items with waterproof paint to prevent corrosion.
- Ensure that there is enough cross-ventilation to reduce moisture and in order to do so, purchase air-ventilators and dehumidifiers which will prevent the occurrence of moulds and mildew.
- Vacuum your carpets regularly and place neem leaves, cloves or camphor balls to prevent insect infestation and do not let your home become a breeding ground for insects.
- Get rid of loose branches and trees in your garden, so they do not fall off during a storm and damage your car or property.
- If your property is below ground level, place sandbags at the entrance to prevent water from flooding in.
Launched in 2013, Lamudi is a global property portal focusing exclusively on emerging markets. The fast-growing platform is currently available in 28 countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, with more than 500,000 real estate listings across its global network. The leading real estate marketplace offers sellers, buyers, landlords and renters a secure and easy-to-use platform to find or list properties online. For more information, please visit www.lamudi.pk
About Asia Pacific Internet Group (APIG)
The Asia Pacific Internet Group (APIG) supports some of the leading internet companies in the region. Founded by Rocket Internet in 2014, the APIG's mission is to promote innovation and entrepreneurship throughout Asia and the Pacific, as well as to support the development of a vibrant online culture. APIG's network currently consists of 10 companies, operating in 15 countries.